Anthony’s career has never been dull, and the subject of wine, spirits and food has been a constant theme. Periods as licensee, restaurateur, general manager of a top-flight racecourse, and senior positions at Mars, Courage and Brent Walker have given Anthony an in-depth knowledge of the drinks industry at all levels upon which he draws for illustrations in his entertaining courses and presentations.
His interactive presentation style is light and amusing. He presents
wine knowledge and tastings in a manner that excludes the pomposity that
can put potential oenophiles off the subject for life.
AS&A, was founded in 1990. The administrative centre and a training resource is in the village of Over, just outside Cambridge where Anthony offers a wide spectrum of courses aimed at the licensed retail. He has won many awards for the quality of his training.
Courses are fully mobile and Anthony is prepared to
present them anywhere they may be required. Anthony regularly goes to
India to deliver the WSET Level 3 (Advanced) course in wines and
All talks and courses are delivered through Anthony’s
lively, animated PowerPoint presentations and he can take the necessary
laptop and projector with him to any suitable venue.
- WSET Diploma,
- HCITC Group Trainer and Training Practice and Assessment Awards.
- UK Ambassadeur du Champagne 2005
- European winner of the Jury’s Ambassadeur du Champagne 2005
- Bordeaux accredited tutor
- Burgundy accredited tutor
- Cognac accredited tutor
- National Innkeeping Training Awards 1995, 96 and 97,
- BII Innkeeper of the Year finalist (twice)
- Accredited WSET tutor, AIWS, CMBII
- Accredited CIEH Tutor
- Accredited HABC Tutor